On July 25, 2016, in celebration of the centennial anniversary of the National Park Service, we will set off from Denver on the National Park-to-Park Highway. Over the next month we will drive, camp, canoe, and hike our way through the original twelve national parks of the American West. Though the automobiles will be modern and the roads all paved, the spirit of our adventure will match that of the road trip pioneers who came before almost a century ago.
Our Plan: Travel, Explore, Discover
- Travel to all twelve National Parks on the original itinerary from 1920.
- Explore new parks and monuments created since the original tour.
- Discover the challenges associated with a 5000+ mile road trip firsthand.
- Follow the original highway route as closely as reasonably possible on modern roads.
- Create a 12-segment video blog documenting our journey.
- Daily updates via website and social media, internet connection allowing.